Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  obi5.0,Index Out Of Range Exception
(04-12-2019, 07:04 AM)Monster Wrote: After packing SPK on Android phone, Obi cloth 5.0 will lose fabric settlement effect. But it's OK to pack it into the computer storage exe format. Is it not supported on the mobile terminal?

Hi,

Yes, Android is fully supported. Can you specify which device you're targeting, and what Android version?
(04-12-2019, 10:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Yes, Android is fully supported. Can you specify which device you're targeting, and what Android version?

android is 8.0 and 8.1, this's my error.

I downloaded the package of OBI cloth 5.0 from the official website. After it was packed on Android 8.0 mobile phone, the effect of OBI cloth was lost.
(04-12-2019, 10:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

1.I will change tangent SOA update in Obi skinned cloth renderer to none, and it will run on Android phone.

2.The FPS consumption of the Obi fixed updater I used on my mobile phone is quite large. There is only one role and the default scenario, fps20 ~ 30. When there are two roles, fps10 ~ 20, is there any way to improve FPS?
(05-12-2019, 05:11 AM)Monster Wrote: 1.I will change tangent SOA update in Obi skinned cloth renderer to none, and it will run on Android phone.

2.The FPS consumption of the Obi fixed updater I used on my mobile phone is quite large. There is only one role and the default scenario, fps20 ~ 30. When there are two roles, fps10 ~ 20, is there any way to improve FPS?

1. Shouldn't matter, but try to use "copy from simulation" or "recalculate normals from mesh". "None" won't update normals or tangents, which is a must if you have lighting or normal mapping.

2. Performance depends on how many particles you're using, how many iterations for each constraint type, how many substeps, how large your timestep is, how many constraints are active.... there's many parameters that affect performance, depending on what you're aiming to achieve, a different set of parameters should be used. All included sample scenes are tuned to run on desktop devices, so parameter settings are not ideal for mobile.

As a starter, try using a fixed timestep of 0.02, and 2-3 distance constraint iterations. Deactivate all constraint types you're not using.