Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Turbulence visualization
Hi all.

I would like to use ObiFluid to visualize turbulence flow in 3d. I think to colorize particles which are in turbulence. So how can I understand it? Which parameter of the particle should I check? something like angular velocity or what?
(01-12-2019, 10:36 AM)popuz Wrote: Hi all.

I would like to use ObiFluid to visualize turbulence flow in 3d. I think to colorize particles which are in turbulence. So how can I understand it? Which parameter of the particle should I check? something like angular velocity or what?

Fluid does not have angular velocity, it has "vorticity" Sonrisa. That's the value you want to be checking.

Vorticity is a 3D vector in the direction of the curl of the velocity field at the particle's location. Its magnitude is proportional to the rotation speed. Take a look at ObiFoamGenerator.cs script for an example of a script that reads vorticity values: it generates diffuse particles at locations where density is low and vorticity is high.
(01-12-2019, 06:58 PM)josemendez Wrote: Fluid does not have angular velocity, it has "vorticity" Sonrisa. That's the value you want to be checking.

Vorticity is a 3D vector in the direction of the curl of the velocity field at the particle's location. Its magnitude is proportional to the rotation speed. Take a look at ObiFoamGenerator.cs script for an example of a script that reads vorticity values: it generates diffuse particles at locations where density is low and vorticity is high.

Cool. Thank you Sonrisa