Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi doesn't load on Unity 2020
Hello,

I just bought Obi Cloth and tried to install it on my current project (2020.1.0a12, HDRP, Win64) and I get the following error messages :

Quote:Error: Could not load signature of Obi.ObiClothBlueprintEditor:get_clothBlueprint due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Obi
Error: Could not load signature of ColliderHighlighter:Solver_OnCollision due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Obi
Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
Couldn't find a readme     (yes, this one is an actual message)
Tried to reload Unity multiple time as the FAQ suggest, but it didn't change anything.
Launching a scene anyway result in :

Quote:Assembly 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:Unable to resolve reference 'Obi'.
Assembly 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:Unable to resolve reference 'Obi'.
... and a bunch of warning about pretty much every script in the sample scenes being missing (with the editor showing the usual "associated script can not be loaded").
Compiler doesn't seem to be finding any problem in the source code, so I guess something is wrong with some of the provided DLLs (the "libOni.dll" for both x86 and x86_64 don't seem to have any problems so I'm out of ideas).

I got Obi Cloth to run without fuss on an older 2019.3-ish project, so I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with my 2020 ones.
Importing this Asset does 'cause Unity 2020 to crash, and crash again at least one more time when reloaded, before letting the project finally load - but still with the errors mentioned above.

Thanks for your help.
(01-12-2019, 12:24 AM)Epineurien Wrote: Hello,

I just bought Obi Cloth and tried to install it on my current project (2020.1.0a12, HDRP, Win64) and I get the following error messages :

Tried to reload Unity multiple time as the FAQ suggest, but it didn't change anything.
Launching a scene anyway result in :

... and a bunch of warning about pretty much every script in the sample scenes being missing (with the editor showing the usual "associated script can not be loaded").
Compiler doesn't seem to be finding any problem in the source code, so I guess something is wrong with some of the provided DLLs (the "libOni.dll" for both x86 and x86_64 don't seem to have any problems so I'm out of ideas).

I got Obi Cloth to run without fuss on  an older 2019.3-ish project, so I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with my 2020 ones.
Importing this Asset does 'cause Unity 2020 to crash, and crash again at least one more time when reloaded, before letting the project finally load - but still with the errors mentioned above.

Thanks for your help.
Hi,

2020 is in alpha state and not officially supported by Obi yet. Only production versions are supported, alphas are generally quite buggy. We've identified a pretty critical bug on Unity's side that will cause self-referencing serialization, so there's probably more issues. Regarding Unity not finding the Obi assembly, make sure the assembly definition file has correct parameters (Obi/Scripts/Obi.asmdef). Should have 'unsafe' Code,  Auto Referenced enabled, as well as the "Editor" platform.

No idea about the "Couldn't find a readme" part. Definitely not an error message sent by Obi.