Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edit Path editor not showing
Hello I recently purchased obi rope, I followed this page to set up obi rope and the Edit Path button does not open the path editor like in the documentation.

I created a new project with only obi ropes and in the demo scene it still did not open a path editor.
Using LWRP

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

What do I do to make the path editor show?
(29-11-2019, 07:59 PM)snicker Wrote: Hello I recently purchased obi rope, I followed this page to set up obi rope and the Edit Path button does not open the path editor like in the documentation.

I created a new project with only obi ropes and in the demo scene it still did not open a path editor.
Using LWRP

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

What do I do to make the path editor show?

Make sure that:
- You have a blueprint assigned in the rope inspector.
- You don't have any inspector tabs open in debug mode. When in debug mode, Unity does not draw scene view windows (which the path editor is). A quick way to ensure no debug inspectors are open is to reset the editor's layout.
I have same issue, PathEditor not work, not show PathEditor edit menu after click on button "edit path".
Not work in examples scenes and manual scene.
I try in Unity 3D-Template: 2019.2.9f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2019.3.0f3
ObiRope version 5.0
In clear unity project, import only ObiRope asset.
I need PathEditor Enfadado 

(23-12-2019, 01:34 AM)AntonioModer Wrote: I have same issue, PathEditor not work, not show PathEditor edit menu after click on button "edit path".
Not work in examples scenes and manual scene.
I try in Unity 3D-Template: 2019.2.9f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0b3, 2019.3.0f3
ObiRope version 5.0
In clear unity project, import only ObiRope asset.
I need PathEditor Enfadado 

Hide the custom tools window you have open. You cant have multiple custom tools at once.

Also make sure no inspector is in debug mode. in debug, Unity does not render scene view
windows.

Easiest way to ensure this is to reset the editor layout.

Cheers,
Dedo arriba 
@josemendez
Issue fixed.
helped me: reset the editor layout to any default layout.
Thank you

Moreover, in the same way I also solved the problem with editing Light Probe Group.
This is same problem, when after clicking on button "Edit Light Probes", LightProbes-editor not work.
This is Unity-bug: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cant-sel...es.716924/
Thank you. Sonrisa

Hi!

Continuing this thread since issue is the same: no Edit Path window. It was working before upgrading from 6.2 to 6.5. I am on Unity 2021.2.2f1. The path editor gizmos weren't showing, but after upgrade the Edit Path window is gone.

I have checked these:
  • Show gizmos selected
  • No debug mode
  • Reset editor layout to Default
  • Full import of 6.5 for all files
  • No other sceneview windows open
  • Created new rope object and blueprint
  • No errors in log
  • Restarted Editor
Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-02-2023, 10:50 PM)Jaakk0S Wrote: Hi!

Continuing this thread since issue is the same: no Edit Path window. It was working before upgrading from 6.2 to 6.5. I am on Unity 2021.2.2f1. The path editor gizmos weren't showing, but after upgrade the Edit Path window is gone.

I have checked these:
  • Show gizmos selected
  • No debug mode
  • Reset editor layout to Default
  • Full import of 6.5 for all files
  • No other sceneview windows open
  • Created new rope object and blueprint
  • No errors in log
  • Restarted Editor
Any suggestions?

Hi there!

Nothing has changed regardin the path editor from 6.2 to 6.5, just tried 6.5 in Unity 2021.3 (so not exact same version as you, will try that tomorrow) and it shows up fine. It’s just a regular, built-in GUI window so nothing that could/should break.

Do you have any other third party assets installed? Have you tried a fresh project?

Kind regards,
[quote pid='13869' dateline='1675293277']

Hi there!

Nothing has changed regardin the path editor from 6.2 to 6.5, just tried 6.5 in Unity 2021.3 (so not exact same version as you, will try that tomorrow) and it shows up fine. It’s just a regular, built-in GUI window so nothing that could/should break.

Do you have any other third party assets installed? Have you tried a fresh project?

Kind regards,
[/quote]

Reposting.. it didn't like me pasting images into this thread editor... added images as attachments

Thank you for your fast reply. I can confirm that the problem is there even with a new project. I am quite suspicious of this window that pops up even when importing to a fresh project.

What's it talking about? I didn't have any files in a fresh project.

Anyhow one thing thats changed between the 6.2 I believe was that the icon appeared in this small window. So something's changed there.

(02-02-2023, 12:32 AM)Jaakk0S Wrote: [quote pid='13869' dateline='1675293277']

Hi there!

Kind regards,

Reposting.. it didn't like me pasting images into this thread editor... added images as attachments

Thank you for your fast reply. I can confirm that the problem is there even with a new project. I am quite suspicious of this window that pops up even when importing to a fresh project.

What's it talking about? I didn't have any files in a fresh project.

Anyhow one thing thats changed between the 6.2 I believe was that the icon appeared in this small window. So something's changed there.
[/quote]

Okay. I now created a fresh project for the second time. And this time I didn't get a popup asking for API change, and also the path editor is now working. I tried a fresh import earlier, and seems no matter what I answer to the API change popup, it will not work.

So now we can rule out the editor version... something's changed in the API in those classes shown in the popup, but I don't understand what that actually means.

I will try to reimport this to my existing game project and see if I could just somehow get it working..

.png   cap2.PNG (Size: 9.37 KB / Downloads: 8)
I installed 2021.3 LTS and it's working now. It was still throwing those Unity API update popups but they don't seem to matter.

FYI the 2021.2 non-LTS Unity failed on v6.5.

Many thanks for help.