Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Some Bugs with 5.0
Quote:still not working...
4 days ago
VDProjecton version 5.0

No upgrade guide, no video tutorial... OK, just as how you released your 4.x version...

I was sure I can figure this out by checking your samples...
The sample scene CharacterCloth is running seemly well, but... every time I play it again, the cloth would be in a different weird shape...
Mesh remains in the temp scene after I finished editing a cloth blueprint and start to edit another...
Error raises on ObiActorBlueprintEditor(229) every time I exit blueprint edit mode, and I'm pretty sure I did nothing wrong...

Have been using this since 3.x. Have been waiting for a long time for 2019.x compatibility.
I bought it again for this new account and only to find it is unusable, what a shame...

You guys really need to do more jobs before you release a new version.
Quote:Reply from publisher:
replied 4 days ago

Hi there,

This version went trough a closed beta of over 30 users, all bugs reported during the beta were resolved. I cannot reproduce a single one of the things you mention in your review, maybe we can help you out if you write to support.

Video tutorials are coming. However, the written manual has been updated for 5.0:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

[attachment=490][attachment=493][attachment=491]    

This account is owned by my team, buy an Asset that does not working can not be reimbursed, so I have to ask for a refund.
(26-11-2019, 03:34 AM)VDProject Wrote: This account is owned by my team, buy an Asset that does not working can not be reimbursed, so I have to ask for a refund.

Hi,

These small clipping zones in the cloth can be easily attributed to less than perfect setup of leg colliders, or slightly mispainted cloth attributes in the sample assets. They're not bugs in the software by any means, it has been thoroughly tested by many people, both internal and external to VM. Take a look at a full character cloth setup video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usXaFr6N630

The null ref error when exiting the blueprint editor points to a internal Unity variable (SceneView.sceneViews) that should be initialized automatically when entering the editor. This is something we cannot reproduce, and haven't had any other reports regarding this issue either. It would be useful to know what steps you followed to make it happen.

Anyway, just write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and we'll forward the refund request.

kind regards,