Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  (Obi 5.0)Skinned Cloth Renderer and Character cloth sample have some problems.
I found some problems in new Obi Cloth.

1. Lighting settings(Cast Shadows and Receive Shadows) of Skinned Mesh Renderer are not reflected when using Obi Skinned Cloth Renderer.
[attachment=482]

2. In Character Cloth sample scene, the ObiSolver of Man_trenchcoat don't use Skin Constraint. So the movement of trenchcoat is too hard and penetrating legs.

3.And the blueprint of trenchcoat has no tether settings. So the trenchcoat strechs very long.
Is this not enough as a character croth sample?
(24-11-2019, 10:27 AM)asimofu_ok Wrote: I found some problems in new Obi Cloth.

1. Lighting settings(Cast Shadows and Receive Shadows) of Skinned Mesh Renderer are not reflected when using Obi Skinned Cloth Renderer.

2. In Character Cloth sample scene, the ObiSolver of Man_trenchcoat don't use Skin Constraint. So the movement of trenchcoat is too hard and penetrating legs.

3.And the blueprint of trenchcoat has no tether settings. So the trenchcoat strechs very long.
Is this not enough as a character croth sample?

Hi there!

1.- The skinned mesh renderer no longer renders the cloth, because changes in Unity 2019.1 prevents us from using it fro rendering (the skinnedmeshrenderer no longer accepts an empty bone weight array, so it is impossible to override or modify the behavior of the renderer in any way). The SkinnedClothRenderer component does. Not all functionality from a regular skinned mesh renderer is available yet, we will be adding it over time.

2.- It has never been used it in any version, because the legs have colliders. Skin constraints aren't needed in this case, as they're intended for cloth that stays fairly close to the character skin. Things like capes, trench coats, scarfs, and similar stuff not always need them.

3.- We didn't add tethers this time because stretching wasn't very noticeable.

I'm making video tutorials for all assets and very soon we will have a tutorial for character cloth, where we will set this scene (and more complex ones) up from scratch. Rest assured we will make sure it's clear how to author character cloth.
(24-11-2019, 12:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

1.- The skinned mesh renderer no longer renders the cloth, because changes in Unity 2019.1 prevents us from using it fro rendering (the skinnedmeshrenderer no longer accepts an empty bone weight array, so it is impossible to override or modify the behavior of the renderer in any way). The SkinnedClothRenderer component does. Not all functionality from a regular skinned mesh renderer is available yet, we will be adding it over time.

2.- It has never been used it in any version, because the legs have colliders. Skin constraints aren't needed in this case, as they're intended for cloth that stays fairly close to the character skin. Things like capes, trench coats, scarfs, and similar stuff not always need them.

3.- We didn't add tethers this time because stretching wasn't very noticeable.

I'm making video tutorials for all assets and very soon we will have a tutorial for character cloth, where we will set this scene (and more complex ones) up from scratch. Rest assured we will make sure it's clear how to author character cloth.

Thank you for fast replying.

1. OK, I'll wait for it. It may very basic and natural functions.
2. I think that Skin Constraint was enabled in the previous version...
3. I see, then I think some samples need for using tether function.