Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi + Havok
Will the Obi physics engine eventually be able to interact with Unity's support for Havok?  The reliability and performance of Havok over Unity's built-in physics is *very* compelling.
(13-11-2019, 07:44 PM)Barliesque Wrote: Will the Obi physics engine eventually be able to interact with Unity's support for Havok?  The reliability and performance of Havok over Unity's built-in physics is *very* compelling.

As long as Havok exposes enough collider info, will be doable. Not even in our to-do list yet, though.
(13-11-2019, 07:49 PM)josemendez Wrote: As long as Havok exposes enough collider info, will be doable. Not even in our to-do list yet, though.

...yet.  Guiño
(13-11-2019, 08:17 PM)Barliesque Wrote: ...yet.  Guiño

yet. Guiño
(13-11-2019, 08:25 PM)josemendez Wrote: yet. Guiño

Since Havok is such a big deal in the world of Physics sims.. 

I can't see why you would you not be making this a major priority ?
(27-11-2019, 07:34 PM)Mickman Wrote: Since Havok is such a big deal in the world of Physics sims.. 

I can't see why you would you not be making this a major priority ?

Havok is intended to work with DOTS (which won't be widely adopted in a while), is pretty immature as of now (i mean the integration in Unity, not Havok as a standalone engine). 99.9% of the projects out there currently use the standard Unity physics engine (PhysX). Furthermore, it will be a monthly-paid feature, so only large studios will probably have access to it.

On the other hand, integration with Unity Physics is already high in our priority list. It's also intended for DOTS, but will probably bebe the default physics engine in the future and the one most people will have access to.