Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion / Idea  Handle creation under the same parent object?
Hi!

I have a small suggestion for the handle creation (but I guess this may be irrelevant due to Obi 1.5 coming):
Could we have the handles be created under the same parent object as the parent of the obi actor in Unity's Hierarchy?
The reason I am asking is that when you are in prefab edition mode, currently you cannot create handles as they are added to the scene of the prefab so they won't be saved in the prefab.

If the handle would be added under the same parent, it would directly be in the prefab.

Thanks!

Edit: I fixed it on my side by adding " c.transform.SetParent(actor.transform.parent);" in the ObiParticleActorEditor class after line 1130, but I suppose this fix could be interesting for users in general since the nested prefabs are starting to be more in use.
(13-11-2019, 03:10 PM)Bill Sansky Wrote: Hi!

I have a small suggestion for the handle creation (but I guess this may be irrelevant due to Obi 1.5 coming):
Could we have the handles be created under the same parent object as the parent of the obi actor in Unity's Hierarchy?
The reason I am asking is that when you are in prefab edition mode, currently you cannot create handles as they are added to the scene of the prefab so they won't be saved in the prefab.

If the handle would be added under the same parent, it would directly be in the prefab.

Thanks!

Edit: I fixed it on my side by adding " c.transform.SetParent(actor.transform.parent);" in the ObiParticleActorEditor class after line 1130, but I suppose this fix could be interesting for users in general since the nested prefabs are starting to be more in use.

Hi!

In 5.0 handles are completely gone, replaced by attachments. Workflow is very different, and it does not have this problem. Attachments are components, added to the actor itself, with two inputs:
- The particle group that needs to be attached to a transform.
- The transform they should be attached to.
So as long as the transform they reference is also inside the prefab, things will just work. Of course if you need to reference anything existing in the scene, you'll need to manually set the reference after instantiating the prefab.