Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible top make a physics-less snake using Obi Rope?
Hi there. I want to make a 3d snake but don't want the physics. So I just want the rope particles to follow the next one in the chain, like how it works in a classic snake game. I tried increasing "damping" to 0.99 and the effect is close, but not quite.

I'd like to use obi rope to do the rope shading part, since I don't want to use multiple gameobjects to segment the snake.

Is this possible?
(10-11-2019, 04:48 AM)bobby Wrote: Hi there. I want to make a 3d snake but don't want the physics. So I just want the rope particles to follow the next one in the chain, like how it works in a classic snake game. I tried increasing "damping" to 0.99 and the effect is close, but not quite.

I'd like to use obi rope to do the rope shading part, since I don't want to use multiple gameobjects to segment the snake.

Is this possible?

Hi,

If you're just interested in the mesh rendering part and not the physics, why not using a trail renderer? Ours (Ara) can extrude an arbitrary cross-section along a sequence of points, like the rope extruded renderer in Obi:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...ils-102638

You could do this with Obi if you really wanted to, but imho it's more trouble than its worth. Let me know if you want to do it anyway and I'll try to help.