Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Fluid Not Working with Transparent Glass
(03-02-2020, 08:30 AM)josemendez Wrote: What do you mean it does not show the fluid behavior? Particles behave as fluid, as far as I can see. Do you mean it doesn't render the fluid surface?

If cranking up fluid resolution doesn't work for you (even though it's guaranteed to yield the exact same behavior at any resolution, as all it does is decrease particle size and mass), you could just simply scale down the solver. Simulation is performed in the solver's local space, so scaling it down will scale the simulation results at any size you need.

Yes, let me be clear ("does not show the fluid behavior"):

1. You provided a video — on this thread — showing 'scaling down the faucet'. But the video does not show rendered liquid, or filling the glass, and when I do this, it is *not* the same effect — water gets 'clumpy', jumps around in the glass / won't settle, OR kills the frame rate

2. Have tried all suggestions about scaling the Solver, boosting the Resolution, lowering Surface Tension, and none worked to fix these problems. There are *so many* settings, maybe we are doing it wrong, but we have tried *for hours* without success

3. You write "it's the exact same behavior at any resolution" but then leave it to your customers to figure out — unfortunately, we are not seeing these "exact same" results

4. A page that should show a solution is blank: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...space.html

So this is the request —

Please provide a demo Scene (or scenes) of water pouring into a cup (not a "bowl" as in the faucet demo) at normal scale

Everyone on this thread is asking for the same thing.

Will you be able to provide more actual demonstrations, for benefit of your customers?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi Fluid Not Working with Transparent Glass - by kwikdawg - 03-02-2020, 05:53 PM