Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Fluid Not Working with Transparent Glass
(16-10-2019, 06:55 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Yes, it is entirely possible and shouldn't cause any performance impact whatsoever. In fact, the rendering order should be: first the fluid, then the glass. So by the time the glass is rendered, fluid has already been simulated and rendered, it is unaffected by anything you render after it. What shader are you using for your transparent object?

Thanks for your reply, I think I see one of the issues - the mesh for every glass and cup I use even individual LOD3 meshes appear too complex or other scale issues.  The only container that works to some degree is the Obi Bucket.
So if I apply a transparent material to the Obi container it works the same.
The bigger problem interacting with all this is the scale thing others reported on the blog.  I want to have a normal sized glass filled with fluid.  Adjusting the Obi material resolution which is always recommended helps somewhat, but it's still unusable.
Can Obi provide an example in normal scale?  Wondering why Obi's Facet example is scaled 10 times larger than normal if this product can work at normal scale?
I attached a picture of a large glass created from the Obi bucket, and been spending hours trying to get it to fill with some sort of realistic fluid at normal scale.
The product appears to work wonderful if you can scale up your world by 2 orders of magnitude, but not seeming useful at normal scale.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi Fluid Not Working with Transparent Glass - by cognaut - 18-10-2019, 06:35 AM