Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Script in 2019.2
Hi I recently upgraded my project to 2019.2 and then imported Obi Rope.  I was checking out the scene Electrical Wires and hoping to place everything into a prefab to test in one of my preexisting scenes.  Unfortunately on the Obi Rope object a script appears to be missing.  The scene still works but it won't if that component is removed.  So the script seems to still be working, but because it is listed as missing I can't make that object into a prefab and if I recreate the object from scratch I'm worried it won't work without that script and I don't know and can't see the name of that script.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate what I'm seeing.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?   Thanks in advance for any help and pointing me in the right direction.

Rob
(09-10-2019, 06:57 AM)robert.nally Wrote: Hi I recently upgraded my project to 2019.2 and then imported Obi Rope.  I was checking out the scene Electrical Wires and hoping to place everything into a prefab to test in one of my preexisting scenes.  Unfortunately on the Obi Rope object a script appears to be missing.  The scene still works but it won't if that component is removed.  So the script seems to still be working, but because it is listed as missing I can't make that object into a prefab and if I recreate the object from scratch I'm worried it won't work without that script and I don't know and can't see the name of that script.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate what I'm seeing.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?   Thanks in advance for any help and pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

That would be the ObiCurve component, which is used to define the overall rope shape. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...urves.html

I'm unsure why it is missing, should be found at /Obi/Scripts/Utils/. This is probably an issue with project upgrading, can't help you with that. I'd recommend asking in the Unity forums.