Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope problems in 2019.2.8
I cannot "Edit Curve". Or Click on particles in "Edit Particles"
Right now I have to open a blank 2018 project ( I Havent tried other versions of 2019)
Edit the curve, and export that prefab into my 2019 project.
(07-10-2019, 07:58 PM)yulaw2k Wrote: I cannot "Edit Curve".  Or Click on particles in "Edit Particles"
Right now I have to open a blank 2018 project ( I Havent tried other versions of 2019)
Edit the curve, and export that prefab into my 2019 project.

Make sure there aren't any compilation errors.

Any compilation error will prevent Unity from compiling all editor scripts, and buttons will be missing or non-functional, etc.

Make sure Obi is correctly installed.

If in doubt, remove the /Obi folder and reimport.

Make sure you don't have any open inspectors in debug mode.

In debug mode, Unity does not render scene view windows (for a reason). Since both the curve and the particle editor are windows, they won't be shown.
Instead of "fishing" for a debug inspector, you can alternatively reset your window layout.
(08-10-2019, 08:09 AM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure there aren't any compilation errors.

Any compilation error will prevent Unity from compiling all editor scripts, and buttons will be missing or non-functional, etc.

Make sure Obi is correctly installed.

If in doubt, remove the /Obi folder and reimport.

Make sure you don't have any open inspectors in debug mode.

In debug mode, Unity does not render scene view windows (for a reason). Since both the curve and the particle editor are windows, they won't be shown.
Instead of "fishing" for a debug inspector, you can alternatively reset your window layout.

Are you saying it works for you in the latest version of Unity?

I tried it in an empty new project with only Obi, I cannot click on any curve points. They are visible, and edit curve, I cannot see the points to manipulate the curve in that mode.
(08-10-2019, 04:40 PM)yulaw2k Wrote: I cannot click on any curve points. They are visible, and edit curve, I cannot see the points to manipulate the curve in that mode.

I'm not sure if you can actually see the curve control points or not...
ObiRope should work in all Unity versions. Just tried it,  works fine for me in 2019.10f2. Can you provide a video/gif of the issue?
(08-10-2019, 04:50 PM)josemendez Wrote: I'm not sure if you can actually see the curve control points or not...
ObiRope should work in all Unity versions. Just tried it,  works fine for me in 2019.10f2. Can you provide a video/gif of the issue?

Got the same issue. No curve controls in scene view. Unity 2019.2.10f1. No compile errors after restarting Unity post-import.
(28-10-2019, 04:27 PM)TheMunk Wrote: Got the same issue. No curve controls in scene view. Unity 2019.2.10f1. No compile errors after restarting Unity post-import.

Make sure there are no inspectors in debug mode, else Unity won't draw any scene view windows. Simply resetting the layout is usually quicker than looking for any debug inspectors that might be open.
(28-10-2019, 06:21 PM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure there are no inspectors in debug mode, else Unity won't draw any scene view windows. Simply resetting the layout is usually quicker than looking for any debug inspectors that might be open.

Thanks, that solved it!