Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Initialize rope with very short length
Hi there, I am trying to create a rope start with very short length / zero length, then control the length by using rope cursor. However when I edit the rope curve so the first and last control points are very close, the rope shape is not shorten but instead shrink up. How should I correctly initialize it? There is a screenshot for illustration, the first one is the normal rope and the second one is the rope when i move up the end control point very close to the start control point.
See attached images. Set the Renderer UV scale and Curve to the same values. Remember to initialize afterward. Once you get into increasing the length of the rope make sure to set the distant constraint. I added an image for that too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(26-09-2019, 02:36 PM)BisuDagger Wrote: See attached images. Set the Renderer UV scale and Curve to the same values. Remember to initialize afterward. Once you get into increasing the length of the rope make sure to set the distant constraint. I added an image for that too.

Thanks for your reply, I have tried with exactly same setting as your given image, but it seems the UV still mess up. However I have tried with a relatively low resolution particle and it works.