Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Particle editor not working at all Unity 2018.4
I'm on unity 2018.4 and all the rope components seem to work, however, none of the inspector widgets seem to be working. Whenever I hit the edit particle button I get a couple of hundred errors about a null reference exception in the ObiParticleActorEditor script on lines 332 598 and 262. I can sort of click around and eventually find spots where I can add pins but things aren't quite working and it makes it nearly impossible to set up ropes.
(09-09-2019, 08:34 PM)Ian_W Wrote: I'm on unity 2018.4 and all the rope components seem to work, however, none of the inspector widgets seem to be working. Whenever I hit the edit particle button I get a couple of hundred errors about a null reference exception in the ObiParticleActorEditor script on lines 332 598 and 262. I can sort of click around and eventually find spots where I can add pins but things aren't quite working and it makes it nearly impossible to set up ropes.

Hi there,

Make sure you don't have any open inspectors in debug mode, as this hides all scene windows (the particle editor is a scene window). Try resetting the layout.

Also, make sure the asset is properly installed (restart Unity after installing it).
That resolved it, we had it installed in a different folder from default.