Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pin Constraint Rotation
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a power cable with an plug on the end, and I was using Obi Pin Constraint for the plugs. It works great for the position, but when the plug gets rotated I'd expect the rope to still come out the same end (following the plugs rotation). Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case - any suggestions on how to achieve this?

- My thoughts are: changing the bend amount to 0 on the end of the rope (not sure if this is possible)
- Stitching a non-bending rod to a bending rope (also not sure if this is possible)

I will try out these things but figured maybe someone has a good solution for it already.

Thanks!
(23-07-2019, 07:06 PM)ivomarel Wrote: Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a power cable with an plug on the end, and I was using Obi Pin Constraint for the plugs. It works great for the position, but when the plug gets rotated I'd expect the rope to still come out the same end (following the plugs rotation). Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case - any suggestions on how to achieve this?

- My thoughts are: changing the bend amount to 0 on the end of the rope (not sure if this is possible)
- Stitching a non-bending rod to a bending rope (also not sure if this is possible)

I will try out these things but figured maybe someone has a good solution for it already.

Thanks!

Hi,

Either constraint the last two particles in the rope, (as a single point in space does not define an orientation, but two points do), or use rods.