Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiCloth compatibility with 2019.1 and above
(21-10-2019, 06:49 PM)nehvaleem Wrote: How it's going with the beta stuff? Do you have any eta about a release?

Hi there,

Already squashed a few largish bugs (thanks everyone!), and currently sanding out rough edges. For the most part everything seems to work fine now. Will give it a bit more time to make sure everything is stable before releasing, aiming at 10-15th November.
Hi,

Is there any news about the version that works with unity 2019? 

Really excited to try it out! (Already bought the cloth asset but waiting to use it)

Cheers,
(26-10-2019, 05:44 AM)arthamas Wrote: Hi,

Is there any news about the version that works with unity 2019? 

Really excited to try it out! (Already bought the cloth asset but waiting to use it)

Cheers,

It's the one currently in beta. See my previous post in this thread! Guiño
I don't know if it is the right place (or maybe I am doing something wrong) but I'll give it a shot. 

I am new to obi cloth and just a while ago I started to experiment with obi cloth 5.0 beta. I am trying to wrap my head around skinned mesh cloth by recreating the trenchcoat sample using provided assets. I've managed to setup the character controller. I've also added solver and configured components based on my gut (using predefined blueprints) but there things have gone sideways.

This is how I have set up the components:

[Image: Peb6c8o.png]

[Image: PRUmgSt.png]

Is there something I've done wrong or maybe Obi 5.0 doesn't fully support skinned cloth? I am using the 2019.3.0b8 on windows 10.
(01-11-2019, 12:31 PM)nehvaleem Wrote: I don't know if it is the right place (or maybe I am doing something wrong) but I'll give it a shot. 

I am new to obi cloth and just a while ago I started to experiment with obi cloth 5.0 beta. I am trying to wrap my head around skinned mesh cloth by recreating the trenchcoat sample using provided assets. I've managed to setup the character controller. I've also added solver and configured components based on my gut (using predefined blueprints) but there things have gone sideways.

This is how I have set up the components:

[Image: Peb6c8o.png]

[Image: PRUmgSt.png]

Is there something I've done wrong or maybe Obi 5.0 doesn't fully support skinned cloth? I am using the 2019.3.0b8 on windows 10.

Have you generated the blueprint in 2019.3? the one included in the beta was still generated in 2018.x (2018.4.10f1 to be exact). Since mesh vertex order in 2019 and 2018 is completely different, bringing blueprints from 2018 to 2019 will blotch the meshes.
(02-11-2019, 08:39 AM)josemendez Wrote: Have you generated the blueprint in 2019.3? the one included in the beta was still generated in 2018.x (2018.4.10f1 to be exact). Since mesh vertex order in 2019 and 2018 is completely different, bringing blueprints from 2018 to 2019 will blotch the meshes.

Ah, right. I wrongly assumed that blueprints were compatible. I've regenerated them and used proxy and most of the issues were gone but I am still trying to wrap my head around the basic concepts. Could you please tell me how to mark some parts of the cloth to be "pinned" (as in versions <5.0) as if they were not affected by physics at all? I've tried to set radius and skin radius to 0 but then the coat seems to float still a little bit.
(22-10-2019, 09:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Already squashed a few largish bugs (thanks everyone!), and currently sanding out rough edges. For the most part everything seems to work fine now. Will give it a bit more time to make sure everything is stable before releasing, aiming at 10-15th November.

Hi there!
Sorry to bother but since the planned release date passed maybe we could ask for a some new info?
(18-11-2019, 05:41 PM)nehvaleem Wrote: Hi there!
Sorry to bother but since the planned release date passed maybe we could ask for a some new info?

Hi there!

Uploaded them all to the store past week, but just now I realized I posted the update in the wrong subforum Indeciso. Guess my brain wasn't at its best then.
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=1477

Right now, rope, fluids and soft bodies have successfully passed the revision process, only cloth is yet to be approved. As soon as all 4 four are OK I will publish them, I don't think it will take more than 2-3 days.

[Image: bLwmsWo.png]
(09-07-2019, 11:18 AM)alkis Wrote: Thanks for the update! OT, but I'm quite interested in the Blueprints feature. We currently spawn all of our cloth assets at runtime, having a bespoke integration with an even more bespoke version of UMA. This means that we have a workflow where artists create the assets in a setup scene, export them to a custom data class that contains the topology and all constraint data precooked, and then initialise everything using that data. This allows fast switching of cloth assets in what I can describe as a "wardrobe/inventory" setting. I wonder if this would help with this use-case, should probably start a new thread.
Hello!
I'm trying to integrate Obi cloth with UMA. 
Each cloth is on a separated Skinned Mesh Renderer from the body and when I add a new cloth recipe I generate the blueprint and add obi skinned components at runtime but I'm getting some errors.

Video: https://youtu.be/1cSdxEIvA_w

Is it possible to integrate Obi and UMA?
Thanks!!
(02-11-2021, 01:45 PM)chris_stamati Wrote: Hello!
I'm trying to integrate Obi cloth with UMA. 
Each cloth is on a separated Skinned Mesh Renderer from the body and when I add a new cloth recipe I generate the blueprint and add obi skinned components at runtime but I'm getting some errors.

Video: https://youtu.be/1cSdxEIvA_w

Is it possible to integrate Obi and UMA?
Thanks!!

As far as I know, UMA uses bone scaling to deform characters. This is not supported by Obi and probably will never be as it would require regenerating cloth blueprints every frame which is *extremely* expensive.

Only thing that would be doable is "baking" bone scales and skin data after the character has been deformed from its base pose, then generate the blueprint once at runtime. Not sure what your use case is, maybe this would be enough for you?