Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiCloth compatibility with 2019.1 and above
(09-07-2019, 11:18 AM)alkis Wrote: Thanks for the update! OT, but I'm quite interested in the Blueprints feature. We currently spawn all of our cloth assets at runtime, having a bespoke integration with an even more bespoke version of UMA. This means that we have a workflow where artists create the assets in a setup scene, export them to a custom data class that contains the topology and all constraint data precooked, and then initialise everything using that data. This allows fast switching of cloth assets in what I can describe as a "wardrobe/inventory" setting. I wonder if this would help with this use-case, should probably start a new thread.

Hi,

Blueprints work pretty much just like the system you currently use. The "setup scene" would be the Blueprint Editor, the "custom data class that contains the topology and constraint data pre-cooked" is the blueprint itself (which is a ScriptableObject), and runtime initialization basically involves copying blueprint data to the solver arrays, which is very fast.

If you wish, start a new thread on this and we can take a look at your use case & current solution, we're still designing/implementing blueprints so info on how you guys would use it is very useful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiCloth compatibility with 2019.1 and above - by josemendez - 09-07-2019, 02:54 PM