Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Is obi tether constrain broken?
Hi I'm trying to make a good look rope,and I have seen the chain sample in demo scene.
Tether constrain works perfectly in the chain sample scene. I can easily clear or generate Tethers.Yellow lines are cleared and generated ,too. 
But after I click the " Initialize " button on the same GameObject ,and try to generate Tethers. It seems not working. Yellow lines arnt shown anymore.

Is there something I miss setting?
(24-05-2019, 03:15 AM)LCKuo Wrote: Hi I'm trying to make a good look rope,and I have seen the chain sample in demo scene.
Tether constrain works perfectly in the chain sample scene. I can easily clear or generate Tethers.Yellow lines are cleared and generated ,too. 
But after I click the " Initialize " button on the same GameObject ,and try to generate Tethers. It seems not working. Yellow lines arnt shown anymore.

Is there something I miss setting?

Hi,

Reinitializing a rope resets all per-particle properties. After reinitializing the rope, all particles start out as free particles.
To generate tethers, your rope needs to have at least 1 fixed particle. Tethers work by attaching all free particles to the closest fixed one. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

In that scene, fix the particle near the cube (or create a handle for it, as that's the original scene setup) then click generate tethers.
(24-05-2019, 07:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Reinitializing a rope resets all per-particle properties. After reinitializing the rope, all particles start out as free particles.
To generate tethers, your rope needs to have at least 1 fixed particle. Tethers work by attaching all free particles to the closest fixed one.  See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

In that scene, fix the particle near the cube (or create a handle for it, as that's the original scene setup) then click generate tethers.

Thanks that works perfectly to me.  Corazón Corazón Corazón Corazón