Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Rope attached to kinematic rigidbody glitching during frame drops
Hello,

we've been using Obi Rope in our game successfully for a while now, however we had to stay on v3.2 because of the following problem:

Ropes are pinned to colliders that are children of a kinematic rigidbody that's being moved by updating its transform position. These glitches occur during framerate drops (in this video it was caused by enabling Deep Profile to cause more CPU usage, but can also be simulated by resizing the Game window). When updating from v3.2 to v3.5 the glitching in the video started happening (we skipped a few versions so I don't know which exact release after v3.2 introduced this), and I hoped it'd be fixed in v4.1 but it's unfortunately still there. I've tried all combinations of solver mode + script update mode + script execution order, but I couldn't find a sufficient solution. Solver mode LateUpdate comes closest, it gets rid of the glitches, but causes drooping ropes instead.
Used 2018.3.14f1 with v4.1, and v3.5 update was tried in November on approximately 2018.2.20f1.

Link to reproduction project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn2ci6c2gimne6...n.zip?dl=0

Does this look like a bug on Obi Rope's side, or can you suggest a combination of settings or a workaround that we could utilize? I tried removing the `transform.hasChanged` check in `ObiColliderBase`, and adding `Physics.SyncTransforms()` to `ObiSolver.SimulateStep`, but it didn't make a difference.

Messages In This Thread
Rope attached to kinematic rigidbody glitching during frame drops - by bgrz_ - 28-05-2019, 01:33 PM