Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi Crash
Hi,

I believe we fixed the issue. It all came down to a solver synchronization issue when multiple solvers were present in the same scene in a 64 bit editor. Did not happen with a single solver in the scene, so the Wind scene (that has two solvers) was more prone to it.

To apply the patch, replace Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs and Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs with the ones I'm attaching.

We will include this fix in the next release. Let me know if we can be of further help. Sonrisa

Attached Files
.cs   ObiSolver.cs (Size: 31.12 KB / Downloads: 10)
.cs   ObiParticleActorEditor.cs (Size: 33.87 KB / Downloads: 9)
Thanks, will try it and get back to you. I am now deleting all the files from google drive that I shared here.

No crashes confirmed, at least with the "play in editor" button, I am yet to try the mesh I gave you at the start of this thread.

However, after I injected the files you gave me, the whole "Wind" sample scene became white (see attachment). It did not affect my other scenes, however, because I don't yet have your solvers/components there. Restart does not help, reloading layout does not help.

I should also say that when I was trying to identify the plugin that might cause your asset to crash I created a project which had all my external assets in it (as well as your asset) - keep in mind I am very disciplined with my external assets/plugins and store them separately - and started deleting them. After I deleted half of the plugins, the wind scene just became completely invisible, both in scene view and in game view. Even running the game in editor did not help. I tried reloading the layout too. Very weird bug, never encountered anything of the sort.
(15-06-2019, 07:47 AM)cubrman Wrote: Thanks, will try it and get back to you. I am now deleting all the files from google drive that I shared here.

No crashes confirmed, at least with the "play in editor" button, I am yet to try the mesh I gave you at the start of this thread.

However, after I injected the files you gave me, the whole "Wind" sample scene became white (see attachment). It did not affect my other scenes, however, because I don't yet have your solvers/components there. Restart does not help, reloading layout does not help.

I should also say that when I was trying to identify the plugin that might cause your asset to crash I created a project which had all my external assets in it (as well as your asset) - keep in mind I am very disciplined with my external assets/plugins and store them separately - and started deleting them. After I deleted half of the plugins, the wind scene just became completely invisible, both in scene view and in game view. Even running the game in editor did not help. I tried reloading the layout too. Very weird bug, never encountered anything of the sort.

Hi cubrman,

Obi Cloth does not perform any custom rendering of any sort. The sample scenery is a regular mesh, with the standard material and a texture. There is no baked light maps or anything at all, nothing out of the ordinary. I can't think of anything you could do to cause it to render like this. The two files in the patch have nothing to do with rendering.

Maybe deleting the assets one by one, would give away which one is responsible for it.

kind regards,
(15-06-2019, 09:09 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi cubrman,

Obi Cloth does not perform any custom rendering of any sort. The sample scenery is a regular mesh, with the standard material and a texture. There is no baked light maps or anything at all, nothing out of the ordinary. I can't think of anything you could do to cause it to render like this. The two files in the patch have nothing to do with rendering.

Maybe deleting the assets one by one, would give away which one is responsible for it.

kind regards,

This is not the problem that bothers me, therefore I will not look into it, but I can say that in the end I deleted everything I had from the project, but the Obi folder and the scene was still completely transparent.