Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so?
(18-02-2020, 12:11 PM)jonasttc Wrote: Hi,

I'm running into the same issues as previous posters with lots of [DllNotFoundException: lobOni .....] trying to run an empty project only including Obi Fluid 5.1 (yes, I also restarted the project). The project was started on a Windows machine and downloaded over Unity Collab to the Linux machine (running popOS 18.04 LTS).

I've checked what was mentioned previously in the thread (making sure Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64 are checked with "Editor) and can't figure how to solve this. The stand-alone build mentioned just previously is not available anymore so I can't try that trick out.

Attached the errors I'm getting in the Console.

Please help me debug this,
Thanks.

Hi there,

You can build a executable in any other platform, and then run it in linux. It will work, the issue seems to be in the editor itself.

For some reason, the editor isn't either looking for the library in the correct folder, or copying it to the folder where it expects plugins to be located. According to your log, this is where the editor is looking for it:

/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni
/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni.so

Obviously, the plugin cannot be located in the editor's own files, but in the project files. I don't know why the editor is looking for plugins in its own files. I suspect this is a bug in Unity, as no other platform -including some linux distros- have this problem.

Next thing I'd try is copying /Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64/libOni.so to /home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/, as that's where the editor is (wrongfully) looking for it.

Let me know how it goes,

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so? - by josemendez - 18-02-2020, 01:23 PM