Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so?
(30-01-2020, 07:23 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

It does not give any additional info, so it is clearly looking for the lib in the wrong place (as opposed to finding the lib, but not being able to use it for some reason).

Select Obi/Plugins/x86_64/libOni.so. Is it marked for "Editor"? (you will need to restart Unity after enabling it if it's not).

Next thing I'd try is sending you a standalone build that uses the lib and see if it works in your machine. Let me know if marking the lib for editor does not have any effect (or if it's already marked) and tomorrow I'll send you a compiled standalone.

Here is a screenshot of what I have.
Checking "load on startup" and restarting unity doesn't help either...

Ok for the standalone tomorrow !

Thanks for your help Sonrisa

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(30-01-2020, 07:35 PM)Alesk Wrote: Here is a screenshot of what I have.
Checking "load on startup" and restarting unity doesn't help either...

Ok for the standalone tomorrow !

Thanks for your help Sonrisa

Hi,

Here's the standalone. Built with Mint, tested with Mint and Ubuntu. Try it out and tell me how it goes, maybe we can isolate the issue as being editor-only.
It contains a single scene with rope hanging over a flat floor, nothing too fancy:

https://we.tl/t-TXF1gojRS4
Hi !

It's working Sonrisa

So this seems to be an editor issue only.
(31-01-2020, 07:36 PM)Alesk Wrote: Hi !

It's working Sonrisa

So this seems to be an editor issue only.

Let's make sure the lib your editor project contains is the correct one (just in case):

- Make sure Unity is not running.
- Copy RopeLinux_Data/Plugins/libOni.so
- Paste it at YourProject/Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64/, replacing the existing .so file there.
- Open Unity.

If it still does not work, it means the editor is indeed looking for the file elsewhere. If the library contains all needed symbols and runs correctly (and it is, since standalone builds work for you) and it is marked to be used in-Editor but it isn't being found, this might be a bug in the Unity editor.
Hi,

I'm running into the same issues as previous posters with lots of [DllNotFoundException: lobOni .....] trying to run an empty project only including Obi Fluid 5.1 (yes, I also restarted the project). The project was started on a Windows machine and downloaded over Unity Collab to the Linux machine (running popOS 18.04 LTS).

I've checked what was mentioned previously in the thread (making sure Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64 are checked with "Editor) and can't figure how to solve this. The stand-alone build mentioned just previously is not available anymore so I can't try that trick out.

Attached the errors I'm getting in the Console.

Please help me debug this,
Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   editorLogErrors.txt (Size: 136.81 KB / Downloads: 1)
(18-02-2020, 12:11 PM)jonasttc Wrote: Hi,

I'm running into the same issues as previous posters with lots of [DllNotFoundException: lobOni .....] trying to run an empty project only including Obi Fluid 5.1 (yes, I also restarted the project). The project was started on a Windows machine and downloaded over Unity Collab to the Linux machine (running popOS 18.04 LTS).

I've checked what was mentioned previously in the thread (making sure Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64 are checked with "Editor) and can't figure how to solve this. The stand-alone build mentioned just previously is not available anymore so I can't try that trick out.

Attached the errors I'm getting in the Console.

Please help me debug this,
Thanks.

Hi there,

You can build a executable in any other platform, and then run it in linux. It will work, the issue seems to be in the editor itself.

For some reason, the editor isn't either looking for the library in the correct folder, or copying it to the folder where it expects plugins to be located. According to your log, this is where the editor is looking for it:

/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni
/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni.so

Obviously, the plugin cannot be located in the editor's own files, but in the project files. I don't know why the editor is looking for plugins in its own files. I suspect this is a bug in Unity, as no other platform -including some linux distros- have this problem.

Next thing I'd try is copying /Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64/libOni.so to /home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/, as that's where the editor is (wrongfully) looking for it.

Let me know how it goes,
(18-02-2020, 01:23 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

You can build a executable in any other platform, and then run it in linux. It will work, the issue seems to be in the editor itself.

For some reason, the editor isn't either looking for the library in the correct folder, or copying it to the folder where it expects plugins to be located. According to your log, this is where the editor is looking for it:

/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni
/home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libOni.so

Obviously, the plugin cannot be located in the editor's own files, but in the project files. I don't know why the editor is looking for plugins in its own files. I suspect this is a bug in Unity, as no other platform -including some linux distros- have this problem.

Next thing I'd try is copying /Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64/libOni.so to /home/vagrant/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f6/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/, as that's where the editor is (wrongfully) looking for it.

Let me know how it goes,

First, thanks for the quick reply.

Happy to see that I can build on my Mac and run on the Linux machine, that will hopefully do as an interim solution at least.

But still, would be great to have this figured out. Trying to do what you ask me to do makes me realise that Unity have changed their file structure from 2019.2 to 2019.3, now there is no longer a /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/Mono folder but instead /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge as well as /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/MonoEmbededRuntime, the former the only one including a /lib subfolder. Copying in the libOni.so file to that location makes no difference however...

However, maybe this structural change can help explain the error?

Let me know if you have more ideas on how to solve this issue.
(18-02-2020, 02:03 PM)jonasttc Wrote: First, thanks for the quick reply.

Happy to see that I can build on my Mac and run on the Linux machine, that will hopefully do as an interim solution at least.

But still, would be great to have this figured out. Trying to do what you ask me to do makes me realise that Unity have changed their file structure from 2019.2 to 2019.3, now there is no longer a /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/Mono folder but instead /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge as well as /Unity/Hub/Editor/[unityVersion]/Editor/Data/MonoEmbededRuntime, the former the only one including a /lib subfolder. Copying in the libOni.so file to that location makes no difference however...

However, maybe this structural change can help explain the error?

Let me know if you have more ideas on how to solve this issue.

I had the same issue but managed to work around it by copying the libOni.so file directly to /home/username/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.9f1/Editor, not /Editor/Data/Mono or /Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge
(20-04-2020, 07:28 AM)Krie2 У Wrote: I had the same issue but managed to work around it by copying the libOni.so file directly to /home/username/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.9f1/Editor, not /Editor/Data/Mono or /Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge
Thank you. It is also helped me. But I have problems with obi rigidbody scripts. If obi cloth contact with object with obi rogodbody, the cloth is destroys. But it works fine if its just object with obi collider (without obi rigidbody). Did you solved it?
(20-04-2020, 07:28 AM)Krie2 Wrote: I had the same issue but managed to work around it by copying the libOni.so file directly to /home/username/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.9f1/Editor, not /Editor/Data/Mono or /Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge

I had this issue too and got it working now by copying libOni.so from ../Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64 to /home/username/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.6.f1/Editor

I'm using Unity 2019.4.6.f1 and Ubuntu Linux 18.04.5 LTS

Is this Unity editor bug?