Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so?
UP !

Same problem here on Linux mint 19.1 Triste
Hi,

This was fixed in 5.1.

Let me know if you still have issues in the Linux editor to reopen the case.
(30-01-2020, 06:09 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This was fixed in 5.1.

Let me know if you still have issues in the Linux editor to reopen the case.

This is the version I'm using.

I've tried it on the latest Unity version 2019.3.0f6
When I try to tweak the libOni import settings, I see this warning in the console :

Plugins: Couldn't open Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86/libOni.so, error: Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86/libOni.so: mauvaise classe ELF : ELFCLASS32
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
(30-01-2020, 06:14 PM)Alesk Wrote: This is the version I'm using.

I've tried it on the latest Unity version 2019.3.0f6
When I try to tweak the libOni import settings, I see this warning in the console :

Plugins: Couldn't open Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86/libOni.so, error: Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86/libOni.so: mauvaise classe ELF : ELFCLASS32
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Seems like Unity is trying to open the 32 bit version of the lib. It should use the one at Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64, as the editor is a 64 bit app.

Why are you trying to tweak the library import settings? Is this the original issue you had, or you're trying to tweak the library for some other reason?
(30-01-2020, 06:17 PM)josemendez Wrote: Seems like Unity is trying to open the 32 bit version of the lib. It should use the one at Assets/Obi/Plugins/x86_64, as the editor is a 64 bit app.

Why are you trying to tweak the library import settings? Is this the original issue you had, or you're trying to tweak the library for some other reason?

It didn't worked at first, so I've tried to tweak the import settings to see if it could help... but for now, it's not.
(30-01-2020, 06:20 PM)Alesk Wrote: It didn't worked at first, so I've tried to tweak the import settings to see if it could help... but for now, it's not.

I can't reproduce any issues, running the editor in Linux Mint (which is the distro we use for development and testing), using Obi 5.1 downloaded from the store. Also we've had no other reports regarding issues in Linux since the fix.

Do any errors show up in the console when the editor tries to load the lib?
(30-01-2020, 06:27 PM)josemendez Wrote: I can't reproduce any issues, running the editor in Linux Mint (which is the distro we use for development and testing), using Obi 5.1 downloaded from the store. Also we've had no other reports regarding issues in Linux since the fix.

Do any errors show up in the console when the editor tries to load the lib?

With unity 2019.3 and 2019.2, I've create a fresh new project, imported ObiRope from the store, closed and reopened unity... and still the same errors Triste

When I load one of the provided demo scenes, I get plenty of "DllNotFoundException: libOni" error messages in various scripts...
(30-01-2020, 06:38 PM)Alesk Wrote: With unity 2019.3 and 2019.2, I've create a fresh new project, imported ObiRope from the store, closed and reopened unity... and still the same errors Triste

When I load one of the provided demo scenes, I get plenty of "DllNotFoundException: libOni" error messages in various scripts...

Hi Alesk,

Still unable to reproduce. Do the editor logs show the reason for rejecting the library? As others pointed out in this thread, the issue we had up to 5.1 was a missing symbol definition. Is it the same in your case?
(30-01-2020, 06:40 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Alesk,

Still unable to reproduce. Do the editor logs show the reason for rejecting the library? As others pointed out in this thread, the issue we had up to 5.1 was a missing symbol definition. Is it the same in your case?

Here is a copy of my Editor.log file...

Attached Files
.txt   Editor.txt (Size: 52.93 KB / Downloads: 3)
(30-01-2020, 06:51 PM)Alesk Wrote: Here is a copy of my Editor.log file...

Hi,

It does not give any additional info, so it is clearly looking for the lib in the wrong place (as opposed to finding the lib, but not being able to use it for some reason).

Select Obi/Plugins/x86_64/libOni.so. Is it marked for "Editor"? (you will need to restart Unity after enabling it if it's not).

Next thing I'd try is sending you a standalone build that uses the lib and see if it works in your machine. Let me know if marking the lib for editor does not have any effect (or if it's already marked) and tomorrow I'll send you a compiled standalone.