Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candy Dispenser pre-filled with solid particles when playing?
Hello Obi'ers!   Sonrisa

I'm making a serious of dispensers with "candy" that needs to be filled with particles when the project starts.
And then when interacting, a "door" will open and some of it will fall down a tube onto a cake.
How do I pre-spawn the dispensers with particles, so it's already full from the when the game starts?

Thanks for this wonderful plugin  Gran sonrisa

Cheers, Dan

PS. Will Obi Cloth or Softbody be a solution if I want to have some "pancakes" thrown in the air and spin and will "bend"?
(10-05-2019, 09:19 AM)blogsabout Wrote: Hello Obi'ers!   Sonrisa

I'm making a serious of dispensers with "candy" that needs to be filled with particles when the project starts.
And then when interacting, a "door" will open and some of it will fall down a tube onto a cake.
How do I pre-spawn the dispensers with particles, so it's already full from the when the game starts?

Thanks for this wonderful plugin  Gran sonrisa

Cheers, Dan

PS. Will Obi Cloth or Softbody be a solution if I want to have some "pancakes" thrown in the air and spin and will "bend"?

Hi there,

You can either:

- Use a combination of emitter shapes to approximate the shape of your dispenser (note that you can attach a single emitter to multiple shapes, and it will emit from them all)

- Create your own emitter shape by deriving from ObiEmitterShape (http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/api.html) and overriding its GenerateDistribution() method.

Then set your emitter mode to Burst so that all particles are created at once when you start the game, and you're set.

PD: for flying pancakes, ObiSoftbody will do fine. Just keep in mind that softbodies cannot be dynamically torn/broken.