Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi for Blender (I know it's a long shot but...)
Sorry to bother you with my fantasy, but is there any chance of this turning into an addon(paid or otherwise) for Blender?

ObiCloth is so much faster than the cloth sim in Blender, and better quality in many ways. I would buy ObiCloth again if I could use it in Blender.
(09-09-2017, 04:04 AM)virtushda Wrote: Sorry to bother you with my fantasy, but is there any chance of this turning into an addon(paid or otherwise) for Blender?

ObiCloth is so much faster than the cloth sim in Blender, and better quality in many ways. I would buy ObiCloth again if I could use it in Blender.

Hi virtushda,

This has crossed our minds before, however it's not high in our priorities list. Might happen someday, but I can't promise anything. There's a lot more stuff to be aware of when implementing Obi in Blender (or any 3D modeling package) since it has to play nice with all existing functionality/modifiers, so it would probably be hard work.

cheers,
Thank you for the response, that's totally reasonable. A man can dream though.  Ángel
(14-09-2017, 06:25 AM)virtushda Wrote: Thank you for the response, that's totally reasonable. A man can dream though.  Ángel

Gran sonrisa

We are a very small team. Too many things to do!! We are working on something else.... that I cannot tell. 
Co-Founder of Virtual Method Studio
Obi product support team