Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use with OVR camera
(08-09-2017, 06:10 PM)DrSoos Wrote: Hi there,
I'm just getting started with Fluid and I have a few questions:

1. If there's a special relationship between rendering and a camera a scene, can you help me understand how this relationship works? I've placed an OVRCameraRig (using Oculus) in the Obi Sample Scene > FluidMill and I'm not seeing any particles being rendered. If I disable the OVRCameraRig and use the default camera, I can see the particles.

2. Can someone provide a more detailed explanation of "Simulate in Local Space" and what the alternatives are?

3. If I place my OVRCameraRig in a brand new scene, I can see particle imposters.

Hopefully this these are some simple noob questions. Looking for any tips/tricks that might help me work with ObuFluid in VR.

-Mike

Regarding your question about local-space simulation:

When dealing with graphics and/or physics, there are usually 2 different vector spaces your data can be expressed in: world space and local (aka "model" or "object") space. The difference lies in the reference frame used. In world space, the reference frame is the center of your scene. In local space, the reference frame is the object's transform (in Obi's case, the solver itself). 

So simulating fluid in the solver's local space means that if you scale, translate or rotate the solver around, the fluid will be scaled, translated or rotated along with it because the simulation uses the solver transform as its reference frame. If you don't know what to use this for, chances are you should just stick with world space (the default).

Vector spaces are a pretty critical concept to understand. If you're starting out I can provide you some reading material, such as:
http://www.codinglabs.net/article_world_...atrix.aspx

Messages In This Thread
How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by niZmo - 09-09-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 09-09-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by josemendez - 10-09-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by josemendez - 10-09-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 11-09-2017, 09:20 PM