Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Which Obi To Use?
I'm posting this here in the ObiRope section, because my organization has already purchased ObiRope, and we've been attempting to use it to achieve our desired results with no luck. I'm trying to determine whether or not ObiRope is appropriate for other "strand" uses, that are not rope-like. For example, a very long piece of hair attached to a comb would drag behind the comb as it's moving, much like ropes do with ObiRope when they're hanging from something. However, that same strand of hair would also blow about in any breeze. More specifically to what my team is trying to achieve, is with long sheets of paper. Say in game we're trying to simulate the unraveling of a paper towel roll that was thrown. The issue we're running into is the effect of the end of the roll snapping back towards the roll each time it extends away from the roll. This sort of "snap back"/"bounciness"/"spring" effect isn't accurate to paper as it is to a rope. Is there any way we can disable this affect?

If not, would ObiCloth be better suited to our needs? Meaning, could the simulation of paper unraveling from, and flowing behind an airborne roll of paper towel being achieved?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Which Obi To Use? - by DRRosen3 - 29-04-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: Which Obi To Use? - by DRRosen3 - 04-05-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: Which Obi To Use? - by josemendez - 06-05-2019, 06:56 AM