Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Framerate dependent solving
Hi! I don't seem to be able to configure my character movement to get a good result:
  • I move my character by setting positions directly in fixed update.
  • Animator is set to Animate Physics.
  • Timestep is set to 0.02
  • [Image: 39eb636e570c8a72e5ffbab720ff4759.png]
The cloth is only simulated smoothly at Substep 1 at 60 fps.
When i use Substeps 4 (which I want to do to get the desired cloth behaviour) it starts to jitter at 60 fps. Substeps 5 is completely unusable at steady 60 fps and if I drop down below 60 fps with either substeps 4 or 5 the jittering becomes too much to handle and my brain starts to hurt Guiño
What am I doing wrong here? Some interpolation not working correctly?

Cheers!
(25-04-2019, 08:04 AM)Gabriel Wrote: Hi! I don't seem to be able to configure my character movement to get a good result:
  • I move my character by setting positions directly in fixed update.
  • Animator is set to Animate Physics.
  • Timestep is set to 0.02
  • [Image: 39eb636e570c8a72e5ffbab720ff4759.png]
The cloth is only simulated smoothly at Substep 1 at 60 fps.
When i use Substeps 4 (which I want to do to get the desired cloth behaviour) it starts to jitter at 60 fps. Substeps 5 is completely unusable at steady 60 fps and if I drop down below 60 fps with either substeps 4 or 5 the jittering becomes too much to handle and my brain starts to hurt Guiño
What am I doing wrong here? Some interpolation not working correctly?

Cheers!

HI there,

Tried your settings with the CharacterCloth sample scene and it is behaving correctly for us, no jittering at all. Make sure that your solver simulation mode is set to AfterFixedUpdate though, or it won't simulate after your move your character in FixedUpdate(), which is the order in which things should happen during the frame.