Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Destroy/Spawn Prefab with Solver & Rope
So I have a scenario where I have the following setup:

- Solver
   - Rope
   - RB
   - RB2

- This entire assembly is stored in a prefab, RB and RB2 are linked via fixed joint, RB is pinned to the rope, the rope is pinned to an external rigid body.
- The rope and RB share a phase, where RB2 is in another phase, causing collisions.
- I have other items in the scene, that share the same phase as RB2, and should create collisions.

Everything works on the first instance of this prefab I instantiate, but on following prefabs, the pins work, but the collisions for external rigidbodies don't. The first spawn and following spawns are all instantiated the same way.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

Well, I'm not sure what's going on. I restarted unity due to an OS update and the issue is gone. I'm not entirely sure what caused such a specific behavior that just a restart would fix.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This behavior is back mysteriously, I'm not sure what's causing it. The phases are correct, the scene hasn't been reloaded. Any troubleshooting ideas?
I just had this happen in a release build as well. I have one static object with an appropriate collider setup that the rope won't interact with, but another dynamic one that it does interact with. Very strange!
(14-05-2020, 11:32 PM)dylanrw Wrote: I just had this happen in a release build as well. I have one static object with an appropriate collider setup that the rope won't interact with, but another dynamic one that it does interact with. Very strange!

Hi there!

I've been unable to reproduce this, but often the devil is in the details. Unity's undefined-by-default object update/initialization order can sometimes mess certain workflows up. Is there any chance you could share a repro project/scene? If so, send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. I'll take a look asap.
I sent you an email several days ago but haven't gotten a response. I'm still seeing this intermittently.
Spam folder strikes again, thanks for the response!