Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
magic leap
I see that Lumin isn't specifically supported but Android/Arm64 is for 4.0.. This asset is perfect for my needs, has anyone gotten Rope to work on the Magic Leap?  thanks!
(04-02-2019, 06:13 PM)ionwolf Wrote: I see that Lumin isn't specifically supported but Android/Arm64 is for 4.0.. This asset is perfect for my needs, has anyone gotten Rope to work on the Magic Leap?  thanks!

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else in the forums has tried it, we haven't (as we don't have access to a Magic Leap Triste). We do support 64 bit ARM in 4.0, so it *should* work. In case you want to try it out yourself, the best I can offer is a refund in case it doesn't work for whatever reason.

cheers!
(04-02-2019, 06:29 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I don't know if anyone else in the forums has tried it, we haven't (as we don't have access to a Magic Leap Triste). We do support 64 bit ARM in 4.0, so it *should* work. In case you want to try it out yourself, the best I can offer is a refund in case it doesn't work for whatever reason.

cheers!

sounds good I'll give it a shot and let you know.. thanks!
hey just wanted to let you know I got it working super easily.. only thing I needed to do was to make sure "Lumin" was selected on the Obi Import Settings (it's off by default)

great asset, thanks!
Hello,

I'm looking to use Obi Fluid on the Magic Leap too. Could you share a bit more about how you got it to work on the ML?
What do you mean by "...make sure "Lumin" was selected on the Obi Import Settings (it's off by default)..." ?

And how is Obi Fluid running on the ML - performances ?

EDIT: Just realized that this thread is about Obi Rope... I'm looking to use Obi Fluid on the Magic Leap.

Thank you!
(18-08-2019, 09:20 PM)smallfly Wrote: Hello,

I'm looking to use Obi Fluid on the Magic Leap too. Could you share a bit more about how you got it to work on the ML?
What do you mean by "...make sure "Lumin" was selected on the Obi Import Settings (it's off by default)..." ?

And how is Obi Fluid running on the ML - performances ?

EDIT: Just realized that this thread is about Obi Rope... I'm looking to use Obi Fluid on the Magic Leap.

Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure he meant to select to android lib (located at /Obi/Plugins/Android/arm64-v8a) and check the "Lumin" platform so that it gets included in the build.
I'm confused by this. How do I select the Andriod lib and add it to Lumin builds? from Build Settings? Project Settings? What is the "Obi Import Setting"?

Edit: Ok, in the Unity Project window I opened /Obi/Plugins/Android/arm64-v8a/ , clicked on libOni.so and libc++_shared.so, and checked Lumin under Include Platforms in the inspector.

It seems to have no effect. When I build I still get 40+ namespace errors
(23-03-2020, 06:11 AM)ckasten Wrote: I'm confused by this. How do I select the Andriod lib and add it to Lumin builds? from Build Settings? Project Settings? What is the "Obi Import Setting"?

Edit: Ok, in the Unity Project window I opened /Obi/Plugins/Android/arm64-v8a/ , clicked on libOni.so and libc++_shared.so, and checked Lumin under Include Platforms in the inspector.

It seems to have no effect. When I build I still get 40+ namespace errors

Hi,

Namespace errors usually have nothing to do with native libraries. A missing/misplaced library results in either a DllNotFound exception, or a runtime crash. Can you share the errors you're getting?
Hi, thanks, yeah runs fine in editor, but when I try to build-

Assets\Obi\Samples\Common\SampleResources\Scripts\ColorFromVelocity.cs(14,3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiActor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Obi\Samples\Common\SampleResources\Scripts\ColliderHighlighter.cs(6,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiSolver' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Obi\Samples\RopeAndRod\SampleResources\Scripts\CraneController.cs(9,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiRopeCursor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Obi\Samples\RopeAndRod\SampleResources\Scripts\CraneController.cs(10,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ObiRope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
-etc

a dll search only shows libOni.dll in Obi\Plugins\x86 and \x86_64
(23-03-2020, 06:39 PM)ckasten Wrote: a dll search only shows libOni.dll in Obi\Plugins\x86 and \x86_64
Unity throws a DllNotFound exception when the standalone cannot find a external library, regardless of its actual extension: .dll, .so, .bundle, all throw the same.

It's really weird that it only complains about namespaces when building, but it compiles the exact same code in editor without issue. These sample scripts either have "using Obi;" at the top, or declare their stuff directly inside the Obi namespace. As long as the /Obi folder is being included in the build, there's should be no namespace errors at all. Are you able to reproduce this in a fresh project?