Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Are Obi products going to be updated soon?
(07-03-2019, 08:58 AM)josemendez Wrote: Wheel colliders and softbodies don't mix well becase they both model the same underlying system, but in very different ways. It's like using a projector on a screen to watch a movie, so to speak. Either use the projector or the screen, not both.
I apologize. I probably should have worded that differently. I'm using wheel colliders to control the car. 
The car body parts (Frame, Doors, windows) are softbody objects - not the wheels.
Wheelcolliders only work with a rigidbody in the hierarchy of the vehicle. The problem, I'm having is, when the wheels start driving, it leaves the softbody objects.

The wheel colliders are only used for raycasting, I need the softbody objects to follow the root transform and deform when they run into something.  
The rigidbody is used to add force from the wheels to move the root transform.

I tried to pin the softbody particles to the root transform, but they either fell thru the floor OR didn't deform at all. 

The question is, How do you make a softbody object move with or follow the root transform and still deform with collisions?  
I tried following the docs and failed, if you can make a video, that would be great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Obi products going to be updated soon? - by StudioTatsu - 07-03-2019, 04:34 PM