Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope doesn't render after Scene restart
Hi,

I'm having an issue where one of my Obi Ropes doesn't render after restarting my scene. The first time I run my game the rope renders correctly. After restarting my scene using "SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name);" my rope still exists in the correct place but it just doesn't render. If i use "Edit Particles" in scene view I can see the particles of my rope are still in the correct place. This is the only rope affected in my scene. I have other ropes in my scene that are unaffected by this issue. 

I should note that I'm creating this rope at runtime using a modified version of the hookshot class that comes with the obi rope asset. The strange part is that the rope is being created correctly and everything is 100% functional except for the fact that on reload the rope is invisible.

Here's a picture showing before and after the scene restart:

[Image: ATVVGaa.png]
[Image: L1tgLJt.png]

Any hints on why this could be happening would be appreciated. I'll keep investigating in the mean time.

Thanks,
Logan

Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope doesn't render after Scene restart - by CommonFruit - 11-01-2019, 08:21 PM