Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to load dll "libOni" on UWP
(16-08-2017, 06:43 PM)trujano Wrote: Hi,

I am trying to use Obi Rope in a Windows Universal Application. I am aware that Obi Rope is not officially supported and does not build out of the box since ConvertAll is not available for Windows Phone (and thus Windows Universal). I was able to get around this and successfully build by creating my own ConvertAll method and replacing all instances with it.

However, when I try to run the application on the device the rope does not move because libOni is not loaded correctly. The exact error is

Code:
DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libOni': The specified module could not be found
. Is there anyway I can make sure the Dll gets copied correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando

Hi there, 

UWP is an entirely different platform. As such, libraries compiled for Windows won´t work in an UWP environment. Getting it to work would involve recompiling the entire library, probably adjusting the existing code to get it to compile correctly. Specifically, there are some extra linker flags that must be added when compiling the library for it to work.

Also, chances are your target architecture is ARM (mobile) in which case the included .dll doesn't even contain remotely suitable code.

There's currently no way to make Obi run in UWP, sorry.

Messages In This Thread
Unable to load dll "libOni" on UWP - by trujano - 16-08-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Unable to load dll "libOni" - by josemendez - 17-08-2017, 09:03 AM