Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Platform Support questions
Hello. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into Obi. Your efforts have really paid off! I have two vaguely related questions about Obi:

1. I noticed on your site that you support Windows/OSX/iOS/Android, and that the only other platforms you plan on supporting are PS4/XB1. Does this mean that UWP will never get support? I understand that it may be quite a bit of work, but I don't believe there's anything that would make such a thing unfeasible. I would say there's quite a bit more demand now that the Windows Mixed Reality Platform, both Hololens and immersive headsets, are using UWP. Myself in particular am developing for the platform, and I just hit a brick wall with the lack of platform support.

2. While loosely on the subject of VR, I noticed that your website says Obi Fluid requires some funky two-camera setup "since the renderer does not support single-pass stereo rendering". When you say "the renderer", are you referring to Obi's fluid renderer or Unity's renderer? I ask because Unity does support single pass stereo rendering, and it has been supported as early as the Unity 5 cycle.

[Image: SinglePassStereoRendering3.png]
                                                     ta-da!

So am I missing something here? Will you guys bring native support for Obi's fluid renderer to single pass? It would be a killer feature to add, since single pass heavily decreases CPU usage, freeing up valuable resources for the fluid simulation. And I have no clue whether support for the newer "single pass instanced" rendering would be any harder, but that's also a valuable feature to support, since it brings CPU usage even lower than traditional single pass does.

Thanks for your help guys

Messages In This Thread
Platform Support questions - by Yung Youngstr - 25-09-2018, 03:47 PM
RE: Platform Support questions - by josemendez - 25-09-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Platform Support questions - by Yung Youngstr - 25-09-2018, 04:42 PM
RE: Platform Support questions - by PratikShah - 27-04-2019, 12:48 PM