Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope Climb Ability
(12-10-2018, 07:31 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

ObiActor is the abstract base class for ObiRope. As an abstract class, you cannot instantiate it. All ropes are already an actor.

Follow the manual for more info on how to get particle positions from an actor:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

Your best bet if you only need to get the position of a few particles is to use the low-level getters described in the last section, specifically Oni.GetParticlePositions().

Hi Jose.

A couple of years later, I'm trying this again. It seems to be progressing towards solved, but I wondered if you had some advice on what to do with my colliders?

My character has obi collider components added to some of his key colliders so the rope interacts with him properly. They do seem to be causing a collision fighting effect when he starts climbing though. As far as I know, the colliders are on the same phase. How should I proceed to be most successful with this?

Also, my character is kinematic (Using Opsive Ultimate Character Controller) and this seems to keep pin constraints from really working since the mass changes have no effect on the character's behavior so I am following the particles' movement on the character's side. I'm not too sure what to do on this front, as I want the character to be able to swing on the rope. Do you think it would be better to make a non-kinematic character stand in to do the rope interaction, and swap between the character controller and that rope climbing dummy for the ability?

Messages In This Thread
Rope Climb Ability - by JacobSiler - 18-09-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Rope Climb Ability - by josemendez - 19-09-2018, 08:55 AM
RE: Rope Climb Ability - by JacobSiler - 12-10-2018, 02:59 PM
RE: Rope Climb Ability - by josemendez - 12-10-2018, 07:31 PM
RE: Rope Climb Ability - by JacobSiler - 28-05-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Rope Climb Ability - by Alexander34 - 08-08-2023, 03:47 PM