Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton.
(16-05-2018, 08:01 PM)cubrman Wrote: Well, my persistence payed off. The character is finally having a decent simulation. I had to build a great wall of colliders (I still feel like other skinned meshes offer zero collision) but in the end it worked. Still I would love to know why the points do not align. I had to simulate them to align them. If that's an error I have to know it.

https://imgur.com/a/bkED2Vs

None of these issues are bugs.

Regarding the alignment: I'd bet that either your character transform or your root transform (or any transform up their hierarchy) has non-identity scale (something other than 1,1,1). Cloth cannot be scaled, as mathematically it does not make sense to apply an affine transform to a deformable object. Only rigids can be transformed.

This can be fixed in your modeling/animation program, though the option name differs depending on which one you use: in Maya it is called "freeze transform", in Blender "apply transform", etc. Using this will have the effect of keeping whatever size your bone/character has, and setting that as its "normal" size: 1,1,1.

cheers,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton. - by josemendez - 17-05-2018, 08:23 AM