Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a cape to a character
(28-07-2017, 07:57 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

We have a character clothing video tutorial in the making, but it will take some time for it to be ready. 

If by stretching issues you mean the cloth is too elastic, you can just increase the amount of distance constraint iterations in your solver, or use tether constraints. If you are seeing strange, spiky/messy cloth you're most likely running into scaling issues: non-uniform scaled cloth mesh, different scales for your cloth and your topology, etc.

It is not an uncommon error to simulate a cloth mesh several times smaller or bigger than the visual mesh, that will cause all sorts of visual artifacts. The easiest way to get rid of scaling problems is to ensure all your meshes have a uniform scale of 1 when exported, and control the size of your character using the "scale" parameter the unity mesh import settings.

cheers,

Scaling was the problem.  Thank you!  Now I have another issue.  When I select Skin Radius in the Particle Editor, it is not painting.  The color is a of the object is solid and doesn't change when I paint.

It's probably something simple, but I am not seeing it.

Thank you again for the help!

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... it was something simple. Thanks again! Still would love a video on this subject to better understand how to keep the mesh from going through the body.

Messages In This Thread
Adding a cape to a character - by GenPhiGames - 23-07-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: Adding a cape to a character - by josemendez - 24-07-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Adding a cape to a character - by GenPhiGames - 28-07-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: Adding a cape to a character - by josemendez - 28-07-2017, 07:57 AM
RE: Adding a cape to a character - by GenPhiGames - 30-07-2017, 10:34 PM