Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help  Can Obi Cloth be paused?
(30-04-2018, 08:53 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

You can pause the simulation simply by disabling the ObiSolver component. Then wait until the end of the frame using a coroutine, and re-enable the solver. This is generally used to teleport characters around avoiding unnatural movement of the cloth, which is pretty much your use case (mirroring a character in place)

kind regards,

Thank you for the speedy reply, Jose.

Just to clarify, if I disable the Obi solver until the end of the frame, will the cloth retain its latest deformation for the following frame?  For instance, disabling/enabling the Unity Cloth component using a similar strategy causes the mesh to revert to its original shape before the simulation resumes. This will often cause the cloth meshes to clip through their 180-reflected colliders, essentially breaking the cloth on the next update for many animations. For example, a kneeling or running character that changes direction will have sharp collider angles that will break the plane of a simple, conical skirt mesh when the cloth reenables in its undeformed state.

Is there a video or support thread you can point me to that demonstrates this effect and/or its implementation? Failing that, would you or someone on your team be willing to assist me with implementation after purchase? I just want to be sure before I buy that Obi will fulfill this particular need.

Thanks,
Jarod.

Messages In This Thread
Can Obi Cloth be paused? - by JayDK - 28-04-2018, 11:37 PM
RE: Can Obi Cloth be paused? - by josemendez - 30-04-2018, 08:53 AM
RE: Can Obi Cloth be paused? - by JayDK - 30-04-2018, 05:07 PM