Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Strange errors after import (clear project) and questions about perfomance
(12-04-2018, 08:20 PM)josemendez Wrote: When using LateUpdate and turning the camera away then back to the cloth, the use of variable timestep causes the first timestep to be too long (since a long time has passed since the last update, when the solver was visible).

This cannot be avoided in the general case, as it is inherent to using LateUpdate to update physics, which should never be done without a good reason anyway as the results are highly unphysical (refer to the official Unity docs for more info on why physics belong in FixedUpdate). As a hack, you could clamp the timestep to a maximum value (I will post the modification if you need it). Physics should always be updated in FixedUpdate, if you do otherwise make sure you know why you're doing it. The LateUpdate mode is provided only for edge cases and special uses.

Regarding the API for getting/setting particle properties and code snippets, take a look at the docs:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...icles.html

Thanks for supporting.
At the moment, I'm trying to understand the tool and get used to it.
I have realized that it should be use is limited and minimize the number of simultaneously working clothes.
And LateUpdate is more suitable for the character who is always in the frame or for objects that must always be simulated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange errors after import clear project and questions about perfomance - by NightFox - 12-04-2018, 08:41 PM