Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to align the first 2/3 and last particles of a rope to do a realistic cable ?
Hi,

I'm trying to do a RJ45 cable using Obi Rope. The thing is that I need to have a plug male on each side ( Start and End ) with their own scripts so I can't use the Start and End prefab feature of Obi Rope.

The first thing I did was to use Pin constraints which is working well in terms of logic. I can grab both start and end plugs and the rope. But in terms of realism, it's not good because pin constraint is on a particle so the cable is able to turn all around a plug.

So, I'm currently using the same logic that the moving ropes in the "RopeShowcase" sample scene by putting the rope as a child of a plug and using an Obi Handle and two fixed particles to force the cable to be aligned with the plug.

Here is what I have now.

[Image: 1522222496-what-i-want.png]

But I'm able to do it only on one side because, of course, the rope can't be a child of the start and end plug at the same time.

Also, if I grab the cable, the plug doesn't move according to it like when I'm using pin constraint. Which is logical because of the parenting and the Obi Handle.

I'm really out of ideas to manage how doing it by myself so if you can help me Sonrisa  

Thanks !
Killian

Messages In This Thread
How to align the first 2/3 and last particles of a rope to do a realistic cable ? - by Darkroll - 28-03-2018, 08:57 AM