Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with movement of ObiRopeAttachment
(18-03-2024, 07:37 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

If I understood your description of the issue correctly, the problem is that you're assuming that moving a rope via attachments will modify the rope's transform, but that's not the case. Moving any particle-based actor will only move its particles, the transform remains at the position/rotation where the asset was instantiated. This is because transforms only work for rigid objects: you can't uniquely determine the pos/rot/scale of an object using a single affine matrix if the object is allowed to deform/bend/stretch.

So once you move the crane, disable the client and connect a second client, the rope will respawn where its transform is: where it was before the crane was moved, since moving the crane does not modify the rope's transform.

The solution to this is to sync the rope's start/end positions over the network, or recalculate the position of the transform yourself.

kind regards,

Hello!

I see, thank you very much for your reply, I will try that when I am back at work Sonrisa

Best regards,
Alexej

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with movement of ObiRopeAttachment - by Alnik - 21-03-2024, 10:33 AM