Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ObiCloth local space documentation is outdated?
(03-03-2024, 10:35 AM)CptnFabulous Wrote: I'm looking at the documentation and am trying to figure out - does an ObiCollider have to have a rigidbody somewhere in its transform hierarchy in order to function at all and collide with particles?

Nope, just like in Unity. Colliders are for collision, Rigidbodies are for dynamics. They're completely independent from each other, you can have just a collider without a rigidbody.

(03-03-2024, 10:35 AM)CptnFabulous Wrote: If not, I should be able to remove all of the rigidbodies. Even if it does, I should still be able to include just one kinematic rigidbody at the very root (I don't have any need for the colliders to have realistic physics, only for them to collide with the cloth particles), maybe that will prevent those glitches from occurring since the child colliders won't technically have rigidbodies on them?

Correct: a Collider without a Rigidbody has no velocity, hence no continuous collision detection will be calculated for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiCloth local space documentation is outdated? - by josemendez - 11-03-2024, 11:05 AM