Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope/rod freezing
Hi!

(19-02-2024, 12:24 PM)stepkka Wrote: So I'm calling ResetParticles then I parent the fishing rod's transform to my vehicle's trunk, which does not have a solver. The fishing rod gets frozen, still drawn just like I want, but the shape of the rope is still the same as before this procedure, and not like in the blueprint.

What's happening here is that the particles (and all simulation data) for the rope get removed from the solver, and the object's mesh gets frozen in the latest shape it had while particles were alive. This is fine for your use case, I think.

(19-02-2024, 12:24 PM)stepkka Wrote: I recon maybe one frame needs to be passed before un-parenting the rope from solver for it to be updated?

Correct: ResetParticles() sets the position of particles to those in the blueprint, but until the solver has had a chance to execute its LateUpdate() the mesh won't reflect any changes to particles made during the current frame. You need to wait at least one frame for the rope mesh to reflect the new particle positions.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Rope/rod freezing - by stepkka - 17-02-2024, 02:59 PM
RE: Rope/rod freezing - by josemendez - 19-02-2024, 08:27 AM
RE: Rope/rod freezing - by stepkka - 19-02-2024, 12:24 PM
RE: Rope/rod freezing - by josemendez - 19-02-2024, 03:33 PM