Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitching a Rod to Rope - another attempt at fishing rod
Trying to stitch a rope to the end of a rod. Created a GO, added a stitcher component. 
1. Rigidbodies were created automatically. By default it had gravity enabled and 1 kg weight. During runtime it was falling down to infinity. I've set it to not use gravity, now it floats around arbitrarily. Is that ok? I'd imagine it should stay somewhere close to the stitches.
2. The default new stitch points are in the middle of rod and rope. I figured out how to change them. However, if I exit the prefab mode and enter it again, the stitch points are back to default.
3. In any case, stitch does work but it stitches wrong points. I have 4 control points in rod blueprint and 2 control points in rope blueprint. At runtime, the stitching seems to happen between the rod at the point index 1 and some arbitrary point near the start of rope.

OK, just figured out that the stitch point gizmos are for the new stitches. I was trying to adjust them after I created a stitch. The correct workflow is to adjust the points, then press Add Stitch button. Now the stitch is at the correct position.
The first question still stands, what to do with an arbitrary rigidbody floating around?

Messages In This Thread
Stitching a Rod to Rope - another attempt at fishing rod - by stepkka - 15-02-2024, 12:56 PM