Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope around another rope - added partial solution
(20-12-2023, 08:14 AM)josemendez Wrote: Try surface collisions. These bridge the gaps in between particles so that resolution isn't so important when it comes to collision detection, so you can get away with lower resolution ropes.

A stretching scale of 4 will make the rope 4 times longer (400%) than its original length. Conversely, a value of 0.2 will make it 20% of its original length. These values sound a little bit too extreme to me, but I have a hard time picturing your use case in my head so I'm not entirely sure if there's a simpler solution.

If you could show some pictures of what you're trying to accomplish, I might be able to offer more accurate advice.

kind regards,
thnx, yes I had meant to add a new update to include the surface collisions (and self collision on the loop cord so that it didn't overlap itself) 
the stretching scale should have been 0.5 not 5, that was a typo (I will correct)
I also upped the dampening to 0.35 to reduce jittering which was initially high when the zip tie compressed itself around the cord.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rope around another rope - added partial solution - by burntends - 20-12-2023, 03:25 PM