Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Activating/deactivating the rope, changing its length in real time
(29-09-2023, 12:38 PM)Alexander34 Wrote: Thanks for the detailed answer, yes absolutely, I don't disable ObiRope, I disable its Renderer, I apologize for the wrong translation. If I explicitly set the positions of the particles and disable their mass, making them kinematic, I will not be able to switch the lever with this rope (which is necessary in my game). It won't react to the rest of the ObiCollider, or it will react as a kinematic object, which is not exactly what I need. I need to keep the rope taut between the players, but if the players run in different directions, it should stay taut and not increase. This way we can grab the rope, and in a taut state move physical objects with it, hang on it, etc., which is unlikely to be achieved by explicitly setting the positions of particles and disabling their mass. On the other hand I could do it to just stabilize it before turning it on, I understand that this is the most stable and correct way?

Setting the mass and position of particles is only done once, when initially activating the rope between players, just like in the grappling rope example where positions are only overriden while the grapple is extending towards its attachment point.

Once your rope has been properly positioned, just set the masses back to their original value to resume the dynamic simulation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Activating/deactivating the rope, changing its length in real time - by josemendez - 29-09-2023, 12:57 PM