Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In game parenting of Obi Particle Attachment
(27-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Holty Wrote: Hi there,

I have searched for a solution to this and found a few good hits but nothing seems to be working for me for some reason.  Triste

I'm using Obi Rope in a VR setting as part of a ladder fall arrest system. I basically just need something whereby when the player grabs the end Obi Particle attachment of the rope and attaches it to a fall delay device which is a child of the VR player avatar. I have the grabbing bit working fine. The player can interact with the rope end no problem. It's the parenting of the obi particle attachment end to the fall delay device that's just not playing ball. There are colliders on both the delay device (parent) and the Obi Participle End (child) and obviously a rigid body on the particle end. I'm using fairly basic code with parent and child objects set in the inspector.

private void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision)
    {
        if (collision.gameObject == parentObject)
        {
            childObject.transform.SetParent(parentObject.transform, true);
        }

Hope someone can help. Many thanks.

Hi!

Attachments attach Obi particles to any regular transform. There isn’t anything that makes that transform special or different to any other, parenting should work the usual way.

You don’t specify what the issue with parenting is: works in an unexpected way (and if so, how?)  doesn’t work at all, works with “normal” transforms but not with transforms attached to a rope…?

Kind regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: In game parenting of Obi Particle Attachment - by josemendez - 27-05-2023, 01:50 PM