Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Attaching "hose nozzle" to the end of the rope
(17-05-2023, 03:40 PM)josemendez Wrote: Attachments (both dynamic and static) are dirt cheap, they won't even show up in the profiler. Rope simulation and rendering are a lot more expensive comparatively, so I wouldn't worry about attachment performance at all.
Yeah, you're right. I tried 4 dynamics on the device and it handles no problem. I think I got that impression back thenĀ from older version of Obi and possibly not configure to use Burst backend correctly.

(17-05-2023, 03:40 PM)josemendez Wrote: If you want perfect alignment at all moments between the rope and the object, your best bet is to explicitly set the object's position to follow the rope. This of course won't allow you to pick up the object or interact with it, but you can pick up the rope directly instead using the particles API:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...icles.html

For instance, detect whether certain particles areĀ in contact with a collider (or inside a trigger), and then set their position to follow user input.
Hm.... that sounds complicated. I might let it slide this time, it's not looking so bad in headset since the tube is so small. I will keep this info in mind for future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh and on side note, do you have documentation for ObiStitcher component and its corresponding constraint in solver? I see only its API reference.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attaching "hose nozzle" to the end of the rope - by Alberos - 19-05-2023, 05:24 AM