Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Chain/Rope not behaving after adding a third
https://imgur.com/NTYXkk9

I posted this image of the issue on Imgur. Both images are in play mode - all chains use the same blue print and are attached to the same empty game object, using a static particle attachment. When I have two chains, the curve is nice... when I add a third the bottom portion of the chains all flatten out, as you can see on the right side.

I'm going to have even a few more. Wondering why this happens and if I can fix it. I noticed that if I just set the third chain inactive, in playmode, the other two return to their more natural curves. Soon as I set the third chain active, they all flatten out... like the third one adds a constraint.

When I add additional ropes, to a total of 8, they get really weird. Some of the ropes become distorted and a few just vibrate like the solver can't get them to settle. Could it be something with collisions?
I found if I turn the thickness way down in the blueprint, the ropes behave better. but still seem to get a little longer and push their bottom out, if that makes sense. I don't really want the look I get when the thickness is decreased - just noticing how it made them behave a little better.

Messages In This Thread
Chain/Rope not behaving after adding a third - by dmenn - 08-04-2023, 01:44 PM